- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Special Therapy
- Appliance Dentistry
"Always a pleasant experience, everything explained well and I feel confident with the dental care that I receive."
Lorrie P., Nashua
What is a dental implant?
Dental implants are artificial tooth replacements for one or more missing teeth. Under local anesthesia, dental implants are gently and precisely placed as an anchor for a natural looking crown, bridge or denture. An implant is often as strong as your original tooth and, because they are made of titanium, they never get decay.
What are some of the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants restore the natural appearance and function of missing teeth, making them the ideal way to restore your smile. In addition to restoring your natural chewing and speech, they can resolve the joint pain or bite problems caused when teeth begin to shift teeth following tooth loss. Some of the benefits include:
- Aesthetics – dental implants give a secure, natural appearance to crowns, bridges and dentures. They look and feel like your natural teeth
- Function – restorations on dental implants (like dentures, bridges or full-coverage crowns) are securely fixed and do not require pastes or glues. Speaking and eating is comfortable and natural
- Less Invasive – unlike traditional fixed bridges, implant-supported bridges are placed directly on implants leaving your adjacent teeth unaffected
- Health – dental implants fuse with your bone structure which stimulates the bone to stay healthy. Bone loss and gum recession that is usually seen with fixed bridges and dentures is eliminated
- Reliability – dental implants have a success rate of over 97%!
How long will my dental implant last?
Dental implants are extremely strong, stable and durable. In fact, with proper maintenance and regular dental care they can last a lifetime. On your part, good oral hygiene, healthy eating habits and regular dental visits will help maintain your new implants.
Will my dentist be placing my dental implant?
At New Hampshire Center for Comprehensive Dentistry you'll have a team of dentists working together for your care. Your dental implant will be placed by our Periodontist who specializes in dental implants. Your final implant restoration (full-coverage crown, bridge, or denture) will be made by your general dentist. Each dentist brings his or her highest skills to the process for achieving a natural looking result. At NHCCD our doctors are specialists with years of advanced training in Dental Implants and Restoration.
How long does it take to get dental implants?
In general, the implant process takes several visits over three to six months.
- First is an initial evaluation by our Periodontist where you'll have time to discuss everything.
- Some patients benefit from initial preparation of the implant site to build up the bone where the implant will be placed. This may take extra time.
- Once the implant is placed you'll have several months healing time for the bone to integrate.
- After a quick x-ray to check for integration, your crown, bridge or denture can be created for your final beautiful restoration.
Each step of the way you'll receive complete instructions and have opportunities to ask questions. Follow up care includes your good home care and regular hygiene visits where we'll check the implant and surrounding tissues to be sure everything stays healthy.
How can I find out more about dental implants?
If you’d like to learn more about dental implants and if they may be right for you, contact the office by phone at (603) 262-1299 or e-mail info@NHCCD.com.